Saturday, May 9, 2009

Bluegrass take two...

OK, so we had a little time to kill, no where to be and a strange happenstance to be on the Northside of town... So - what better to do than go look at the floorplans that I've seen but Jill had not. I specifically wanted her to see the quad bunk and loft Wildcat trailers. They are a little small for us, but at least now when we talk about that type of layout, we both have a visual - and really - the girls like looking at 'houses'. Even the kind with wheels that don't go anywhere (yet). ;)

Anyway - this trip confirmed two things (and accomplished a third):
  1. The guys at Bluegrass SUCK. Its such a total used-car lot. Once again, it was about what he could do for me today, with no care about the future (even though it was my second time on the lot) or trying to keep the sale. He actually took us to the back to see the third model, and then said - make sure to close the door on your way up front (walking). Oh, don't worry about putting the stairs in... LOL. Oh well, I got what I needed out of them, and now I don't have to go back - I actually threw the card away because even if we ended up buying that model of trailer I'd go somewhere else. I've been twice and both times it seemed like they weren't planning on being around in a month.
  2. We can make a layout like either of these work, though it'd be nice to have it in a little larger format. 33 feet is just a little too small, and I don't plan on having a problem with weight, which seems to be what the entire plan for the wildcat setup is about. The loft was particularly friendly for the office space and having the master bed with the bath, but Jill was worried about how it would function with a 6YO and 4YO up top. The loft is high, but I think I could find a way to make it feel safe. Even the bunks are going to be a little tough, but somehow we'll figure it all out. the thing I like about a loft is that it basically gives you full use of a room, with a couch and full wardrobe.. but I can see maintenance (bedding, potty nights, etc.) will be more difficult.
  3. Accomplished - Jill got to see how these things look 'slid-in'. It showed that while they are sorta ok for 'if I have to', they are in no way livable in a slid in condition. The one we looked at was an incredibly spacious model slid-out, but in it was impossible to enjoy, let alone live in. I guess anywhere we stop will allow us to slide it out - at least I hope.
One good thing about Bluegrass is that they basically confirmed the 25% off MSRP thing that we were told before. 38,725 list, but today, if I pushed him, he could let me have it for 29,995 (once again a little Used Carish). Shockingly, we didn't bite.

No comments: