Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sometimes its ok to be a dinghy..(well, not really dinghy..)

So sometimes it must feel good to be a dinghy... I jest, as its pretty clear with our setup we don't have a true dinghy, but I'll still call it that and treat it as such. Our van will really be a supplemental vehicle that will allow us to travel from the site to points of interest. That being said, I'm happy to report that we took care of our dinghy friend.

We knew for a little while now that new tires would be a need, and I tried to put off brakes as long as I could. Unfortunately, events and actions recently didn't let the 'put-off' happen, and screamed for attention.

One full set of Michelin Energy LX4 tires, a new right front rotor (warped - ugly) and a resurfaced left front (what a difference) makes all the difference. Glad to have the dinghy safe and sound, knowing I won't have to worry about those aspects for at least the first leg of the trip - hopefully for longer than that!

No comments: