Wednesday, December 29, 2010

‘Tis the Season

Jill's Journal: My “holiday hiatus” from blogging means I have a massive collection of pictures from the last 10 days or so that haven't even been sorted through. So, here’s a few of the highlights (or at least some of my favorite moments) to share.

Little girls have to bundle up here in “cold California,” as Victoria calls it. I just saw a report that this is the wettest, coldest December on record in Southern/Central California. I can hear the freezing rain and driving snow outside our windows as I type…maybe one day soon we’ll see that sun we came to California for! And truly we have nothing to complain about as we keep hearing how dreadful the winter has been in Kentucky this year, so a little rain and snow here isn’t too bad, just funny. :)

Three little girls, all competing for Grandpa’s attention. Poor guy doesn’t stand a chance!!

Erika and her new Easy-Bake oven, which she had asked Santa for and was supremely confidant would be under the tree Christmas morning. She proudly made her first two miniature cakes, which were actually very tasty…wouldn’t it be lovely if making dinner for the whole family was next on her agenda?

I’m told I’m never shown on here (but it’s because I’m always taking the pictures!), so here’s a photo of my sweet girls and me engrossed in a story. Oh, how I love these little girls.

A pre-Christmas dress-up playdate with the adorable Athena, Zoe, and Jack (and their too-fun parents, Chris and Julie). We knew Chris and Julie pre-kids (for all of us!) in Kentucky and somehow they ended up in nearby Bakersfield via New York. They’re a super-adorable couple and their kids and ours didn’t even need an introduction before they dove in playing together.

Rob, my brother, and my Dad enjoyed an afternoon of clay pigeon shooting. They even let me wield a shotgun, albeit briefly. I don’t think those flying orange discs will be in danger from my “skills” anytime soon, but boy oh boy, it was fun!

And a post-Christmas piñata…it was hard to tell who had more fun. Was it Beppy or the girls?

1 comment:

gretchenhs said...

I bet your family was thrilled to the bones to have you all living next door for a few weeks!!!