Friday, January 16, 2009

Google Earth - the greatest thing ever.

I don't know what people did before google earth. For this trip I plan to use it in a myriad of ways, but for now it is all about the planning. This allows me to 'pin' every destination that we think we might want to see, and then fly around it to see what's close to what. Best of all it is not only portable, it can be manipulated by both of us, either on the same map or independently so we'll be able to really put on there everything we want to do.

Right now I have many different categories (I'm sure Jill will set up more, and we'll break some of these out further...) including:
  • Places we've lived
  • Family
  • Friends
  • Places of Interest
  • Must see Campgrounds
  • Restaurant/Food Shops to check out
  • Strictly for the Kids
  • Museums
  • Factory Tours
  • and of course - Card Rooms

I'm hoping that when we get this thing moving we'll be able to port our current location to a website so people can see what we're doing and where we are. there are a couple of programming solutions out there right now, but within another year I'm guessing there will be a perfect solution. Very exciting!

--R.

1 comment:

Jill said...

If you include card rooms, you gotta add race tracks!! :-)