Friday, January 16, 2009

Starting off...

It really has begun. Jill and I have chatted about this, and we both are really excited about taking the trek. The information is coming now, slowly at first... books, motorhome magazine, talking with Gone Richter... I think we both think we can do this, and by that I mean...CAN.

So far I've been on a couple of book buying trips. I've picked up a little info, some very good books - but I've been disappointed on how little is out there in the stores. Amazon may be the only way to get the books I'm looking for - soon we'll see.

So far, my book list is:

Motorhome Magazine - (fantastic - getting a subscription)
Home away from Home - fun historic book, but I don't think it'll have much in the way of new info.
Essential USA - while we aren't really buying travel place specific books yet, this one seemed too good to pass up. What to do if you're there for one day, two days, five days - looks pretty well done.
The RV Handbook - a half price books book, looks older, but still significant enough to be a good read.
Frommer's America by RV - Seemed to have some good ratings, good info, and I liked the beginning and the end of the book without reading their travel suggestions - to come later.
The RVer's Bible - no idea yet, but doesn't the name say it all?
The complete RV Handbook - another book that seems to make good sense.
National RV Trader - how can this information not benefit the search for the perfect RV?

I've got a pretty large list from Amazon, but I'll work on that - once we work through this...

--R.

No comments: