Monday, April 27, 2009

Bluegrass RV

OK, so I've decided its been too long and planning this stuff is just too daunting - so here it is, raw, real, and flowing.

I took the girls shopping on Sunday. I'd hoped Jill would nap - heck, I had hoped the girls would nap and I wouldn't have to go, but they got caught up, like ya do... and I found myself on the North side of town looking for a project. Why not RV shopping right?

Bluegrass here I come. As Jill noted earlier, we'd opted to go across the street last time, because this place look used-car to me. BOOOYAH - I can read... I got there at 1, they opened at 1, and it seemed like they weren't sure they wanted to be there. We parked, got out, went into an RV that was open (what a boon actually) and when we came out were treated to a guy that asked 3 questions, decided we weren't ready to buy that day, and quickly shuffled us to 'visit me in the office on your way out and I'll get you a brochure'.

Regardless it was an good trip. We got to see another version of a bunkhouse, and I finally got to see what a loft was all about. The problem is that all these trailers were 30 / 31 feet. OH what I can do with another 8 to 12... Clearly these are not FT'ers. Though, they did teach me a lot about space, adjustments, and what I might be able to do for a desk.

On another note, I haven't researched it yet, but I think I might just be comfortable in a 6'6" or so Travel Trailer. No saying now that I can just throw that out. We went, we saw, I stood up, and it wasn't overwhelmingly small... Not the most ideal, but if it includes everything I want to have, I can take 6'6"....

Highlight of the day is that I asked the girls - Do you think you could do this, sleep this way and have fun - and they enthusiastically said yes not knowing they didn't have a choice. Its not a matter of if - it is entirely - when.

No comments: