Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring has Sprung


Jill's Journal: Spring is beautiful in Kentucky. Just sensational. Maybe it’s the fact we’ve lived here for 13 years that has made me take it for granted. Or maybe I’ve just been distracted lately by this busy season of our lives with our “littles,” but somehow I’d had a momentary lapse about how completely divine spring is here in the Bluegrass.

Knowing this is our last official spring in Central Kentucky has opened my eyes and I’m so grateful. Everywhere I look, I can’t help but drink in the beauty of this amazing place. Of course, the perfectly manicured, rolling green paddocks with magnificent Thoroughbred mares and their long-legged, frolicking babies bounding about can’t be beat by anything in the world, but even non-horse lovers have to admit Mother Nature must take special pride in the Bluegrass. The image at right of flowering trees cascading into a pond was taken at Easter sunrise last week. This is truly God’s country.

No comments: