Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Friends=Mixed Feelings

Jill's Journal: The last few months, we’ve been blessed by getting to know some wonderful families. All have kids around the same ages as ours and all the couples are in similar places in their lives that we are. We think the world of each of them, love spending time with them, and feel so blessed they came into our lives…but equally sad it’s happening just as we’re leaving town.

Today I enjoyed a lovely lunch with one of the fellow Moms along with her three youngest children and my two youngest. It wasn’t fancy and it wasn’t quiet (can anything be fancy or quiet with five kids ages four and under?), but it was special and it was fun. And I felt so melancholy as we drove away. I don’t know why this is the timing that worked out and it does make it harder to leave Lexington. But who knows what the future holds? Maybe we’ll return here when our travels are done. Maybe we’ll all meet again in another town. And maybe we’ll just have to be satisfied with long-distance communication. I do know one thing: I’m grateful to have such special people in our lives, no matter when or where.

No comments: