Saturday, February 14, 2009

On the Same Page…

Jill's Journal: Rob and I have shared many long conversations this week – some stretching into the wee hours of the night – about our RV future. We’ve learned so much together and are quickly formulating a game plan for the multiple layers this entails. But the most exciting thing is surely this: we are completely, totally, 100% on the same page in every aspect imaginable. I’m pretty certain that’s the only way we could even consider undertaking this major life change with little kids in tow.

Here’s another exciting thing…we’re coming to realize a year might not be enough. I had been balking at much longer because I didn’t want to hold the girls out of the social interaction regular school provides any longer than a year. But it has dawned on me that they have the rest of their lives to be in “normal” social situations. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that will also give them a wealth of first-hand knowledge. And that’s why I’ve stopped balking.

This week Rob and I have both acknowledged that a two-year road trip is a little more realistic to be able to do the traveling and spend the time in each place that we hope. Two years! That’s 2010 to 2012. WOW!

I’m reminded of one of my favorite quotes as a teenager:

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.”
– Saint Augustine, 354-430 A.D.

No comments: