Monday, February 2, 2009

Too many days...

Its really been too many days since I last blogged. Between work and family time, its hard to find time to do things like this, but I'm trying harder than I did with my poker blog. That one I always waited until the very end of the day, and by that point I was too 'done' to bother. Might be why I haven't blogged there since October.

I have been doing things to move forward. I read a great basic book from Wal-mart ($10) that had so much information in it - from this guy that used to be a sales manager. The RV Book told me that I know enough to start looking around and asking questions. I think I've got a good solution for the van (unless we were to buy a rig like Gone Richter). Towing on that trailer will work well for what we are trying to do. I think I'll be able to make some kind of bike rack with 2 inch square steel, mounting them like they are in the garage. That should give me a good contact, along with the ability to lock them down and still store other things on that trailer. I still have to measure and draw it up - and figure out the bike trailer, but my thought there is to store it on the other side - toward the RV. We'll see - drawings to come.

I've also been looking over the little catalog from Camping World - what a boon! I've now got a way to look at W/D, solar recharge and know to look into a tracking satellite for web. I'm ready to start buying bowls and collanders, and I've found myself thinking in entirely new ways about products I buy, money I spend, and business I keep or let go. EVERYTHING is about this trip now, and I only wish it could start sooner. it might be time to restructure a few priorities to try to get there.

--R.

No comments: