Friday, January 7, 2011

Teresa and Kevin


Jill's Journal: We were so blessed with a visit from the past this week! Anyone who grew up in the same circles as I did will instantly recognize these sweet folks as Kevin and Teresa. Sometimes it’s crazy how intertwined lives become…

Teresa and I went to school, church, Catechism class, and even work together. We probably saw each other literally about seven days a week there for a decade, but lost track of each other after high school. Unbeknownst to me at the time, somehow she even ended up in Orange City, Iowa, the tiny and charming little town I was born in and we visited in November, for her undergrad.

Kevin was in my younger sister’s class and the two were fast friends, which, in our small community, meant he was practically part of the family. When Rob and I moved from Phoenix to Kentucky in 1997, Kevin (who was going to school in Phoenix at the time) kindly offered his manpower and spent I-don’t-know-how-many-hours helping us move into the U-Haul (bless his heart!).

I have so many childhood and teenage memories of Teresa and Kevin and both of their families…what a surprise to learn a few years ago they’d re-met as adults and are now married with two adorable little girls. And they had another surprise…they live only about two hours from my parents and were driving through Tehachapi this week!

What a wonderful treat to see these two. They are truly a fantastic couple. I remember the Teresa of 20 years ago as being a bit timid and reserved, but she has blossomed into a confidant, dynamic woman. I was probably a bit timid and reserved myself – I can only hope I’ve turned out half as good as she did!!

We can’t wait for another chance to spend more time with this couple. We’ll definitely make a point of it a little later in our California journey.

1 comment:

Teresa Drew said...

You're so sweet Jill! Stop by anytime!!!!