Monday, April 9, 2012

Fallbrook Memories

Jill's Journal: About 50 miles north of San Diego is the sleepy little town of Fallbrook, which just so happens to be where Rob and I got married 15 years ago. We thought it would be fun for the girls to see it for themselves.

To the left of the girls, in the far background, is the pond and gazebo where we officially tied the knot.

Our reception was held inside this adjoining mansion.

The girls were very intrigued and wanted to see pictures of the actual day, so for fun, I’ll share a few here too. Oh, memories!

This has always been one of my favorite photos. My parents are on the left; Rob’s are on the right. I absolutely love this picture! Sadly, Rob’s Dad passed away two years later.

These leggy ladies, from left to right, are Rob’s sister Wendi (now in Kentucky), Bridget (now in Arizona), Jennifer (now in Texas), and my sister Kristi (still in, or actually, returned to California).

Not to be outdone, but sporting slightly hairier legs, are my baby brother Adam (who was truly a baby at only 15!) and Rob’s longtime friend Pat, whom we recently got to see.

I will forever love my friend Elizabeth for capturing this shot of all our surviving grandparents at the time. Those are my Dad’s parents on the left, my Mom’s mother in the middle of the three ladies, and Rob’s maternal grandma (Great Grandma Lili) on the right. My two grandmas have since passed away, but I’m so thankful our girls have gotten the chance to know my Grandpa and Rob’s Grandma on this RV journey.

5 comments:

gretchenhs said...

What a wonderful group of photos and so much fun to see where you two got married and share it with the girls. I'd love to have heard their comments. The most we get from Liz are about Steve having hair back then! LOL
I remember showing her a picture of Daddy when she was around 2 or 3, and he had a head full of hair. I'd say, this is Daddy, and she'd say no.
Great memories for all of you!!!
Fun pictures too!!

Diana said...

I've never seen all your wedding pictures--what a fun photographer you had! Mine didn't even feel it necessary to stick around for the entire event (grrr...).
We lived in Fallbrook for about 18 months when Scott was at Camp Pendleton. I'm told that Tom Selleck had an avocado farm there but, sadly, I never saw him. =(

Andrea Kanelopoulos - Anam Nostos House said...

My goodness, you know how to have a party!!! Beautiful!! And I have to say Gerry and I only had each of our mothers at ours marrying later in life ;-) We are going to show the kids too when we visit SF!

Unknown said...

It was such a fun wedding. I'll never forget the "farewell" at the end. No pictures of the after reception party? I'll have to see what I can dig up... Now, where do I keep that box of dirt. ;)

Jill said...

LOL!!! Gary, you can keep that box of dirt buried WAY in the back of your closet!

Oh my goodness, thank you for the laugh today!!