Saturday, April 14, 2012

An unexpected occurrence...

We had something happen this week that we have not yet had happen, and frankly it was strange and amazing at the same time. We ran into somebody that we'd stayed next to before. Ok, not that crazy... We stayed next to them last August... Ok, getting a little stranger... We stayed next to them in Pendleton, OR... That's 1100 miles away -- they live in Arizona (not here, or there), and just happen to be in San Diego getting their rig fixed and visiting family, and staying in our same campground - one of about 10 in the area, and are just 5 spaces down. How crazy is that?

The thing to me that is the most crazy to me is that I actually talked to these folks and wrote a short blog post about them on my other RV blog, CoolandInterestingRVs. Now, that might be part of the reason they stood out to me. The other reason might be because they are the only people I've ever seen that tow a second smaller RV behind their main RV, and that the main RV is a 45', Marathon/Prevost, which pre-owned run around $1.5M, with truly wild paint schemes. They are nice - see the pic of the interior to the right.

Truth is that we have run into people we've seen before, but it has always been that either we're on the same path up the coast or they took a couple of days and went away from our campground and then came back after a short jaunt somewhere. This - 1100 miles and 9 months - is simply astounding.


Anyhow - I copied the post from my other blog over, and included a picture from here in San Diego. Jill couldn't believe it when I told her, and I'm not sure those folks will believe it when I knock on their door. I knew that we were really living this lifestyle, and were really a part of it, but I had no idea we'd run into someone in this manner.

You're towing WHAT? (Take 2)
August 4, 2011

I thought I'd seen it all when I saw the 3500 being toaded.  The other day I found a guy with a class A bus (another Prevost) towing a nice Class B Airstream as his toad.  I chatted with him a little, not realizing that he was towing that as his "around-town" car, and it was just the two of them on a nice jaunt from 'home to the coast for a few weeks'.  Maybe they like to take vacations at campgrounds where the bus won't fit and want to be prepared for anything?


It was a pretty interesting sight to see it drive away.  Maybe I'll wind up being surprised a lot along this journey.

1 comment:

Andrea Kanelopoulos - Anam Nostos House said...

I love moments like these! I always found that awe when I do ministry in France and will run into someone I know, crazy and fun. But honestly can't imagine this thing they drive around, it must take them ages to get places and how DOES one turn it around??? Wow!!