Thursday, April 26, 2012

Palm Springs, CA

Jill's Journal: You know you’ve made it to the desert city of Palm Springs when…

…there’s windmills everywhere

…roadrunners in your campsite…

…tumbleweeds in the streets…

…and finally, finally a peak at blue skies after overcast ones on the coast for what seems like forever. It was also a wonderful 94 degrees (it’s a dry heat!) when we arrived, such a welcome change for me since I’ve been cold for months and months. Heat, glorious heat! Sunshine, beautiful sunshine! Or at least that’s what this former desert dweller thinks; the other four members of my immediate family aren’t quite as delighted by the heat as I am. Oh well, that’s why God made air conditioners and sunscreen, right?

6 comments:

Dragon15 said...

OMG! I will be in the Palm Springs area this weekend! Stagecoach! It's the country music festival in Indio. Keep cool and have fun. Tell Rob, Victoria, Madelyn and Erika hello from Cat and I.

Diana said...

Oh, 94 degree dry heat--you lucky dog! Living in VA, I've come to disapprove of anything over about 72 because of all the humidity that comes with it. I loved working in Palm Desert with that warm desert breeze in the evenings and it makes me feel good all over whenever I visit. It just takes me back & makes me happy, kind of like the smell of a feed store or, yes, those blessedly stinky cows. =)

Andrea Kanelopoulos - Anam Nostos House said...

So Gerry has a job interest here, but not sure I could handle THIS desert. AZ is so beautiful! Also, it's not for a year haha

Jill said...

*April -- I'll bet you are loving life at Stagecoach right this very instant!! Enjoy it for the both of us.

*Andrea -- deserts are awesome! :)

*Diana -- you understand me, you really understand me! I've lived on your side of the country too...humidity just sort of sucks the joy out of life, doesn't it? But here, those warm desert breezes, that glorious sunshine...oh, just divine. I'm with you -- it's just happiness-inducing! Maybe even more so than those darn cows. :)

Anonymous said...

More than the cows?!! ;-)

~Jen

Jill said...

LOL Jen, hard to believe, isn't it?!