Sunday, June 24, 2012

El Taco Loco

Jill's Journal: Rob returned from another week in New Jersey on Saturday and the girls and I picked him up at the tiny airport in Bakersfield, California. Within minutes, we drove past a taco truck named El Taco Loco. Rob quickly reminded me one of his favorite comedians, Gabriel Iglesias, is from Bakersfield and has talked about this particular truck in his act. Apparently, they’re mean to customers, but the food is good (a la the Soup Nazi). Of course, we had to stop.


We had a tiny order and didn’t truly expect any drama. But guess what? They were a little mean! First, they reprimanded Rob for not knowing they weren’t making what he wanted at that hour of the day and then they made some fun of the white boy in Spanish! But I suppose we had been duly warned by Iglesias. Oh well, at least the tacos were tasty. :)

Clip from Gabriel Iglesias: Hot and Fluffy.  Funny stuff.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh gosh. I don't remember them ever being rude.. the last time i had taco loco was in 1994 on Mt Vernon st.. and honestly i miss my Taco loco tacos everday!!!! I tell my husband about them all the time.. ilive in Texas since 97 and love it here but do miss my Bakersfield Taco loco truck....
Esmie....