Monday, June 11, 2012

A 'Home Day'

Today was mostly a quiet day.  We've run around a bit the last couple of days, visiting a couple of National Parks (more posts in the coming days), but today was all about school, and a little rest.

Jill had the girls get computers out after school, and the funniest thing happened.  We started figuring out how many computers I keep on the rig.  As an IT guy - I have a lot of backups, extras, and used stuff.  We have the girls use our old laptops when they can.


Fact is, I finally counted it all up.  We have 11 wireless-network computers on the rig, and that doesn't include the three phones.  In our rig, that means I have one device per 3.5 square feet.  We're probably more saturated than most IT companies... I knew I was an IT guy, but I didn't know I was that dedicated...


Madelyn decided that she was more interested in playing outside than on BreyerHorses.com or StarFall.com.  Her sisters love those sites on the Internet.  Madelyn, however, has such an imagination playing outside with water.  I joined her outside after about an hour and at one point she spilled a huge jug of water on my papers.  Out of her mouth came one of my favorite lines of the entire trip - "Daddy, I'm sorry, but if I don't mess things up - how can I learn?"  Make mistakes, learn from them - I love the lessons from my kids.

No comments: