Thursday, June 21, 2012

I Hate Goodbyes

Jill's Journal: Our whole family gathered from different corners of Southern and Central California for one last time over Father’s Day weekend before we start heading East and leave this clan. We all so enjoy our time together, which we know is a great blessing, so these last days together were appreciated. Of course we’ll share visits in the future, but the chances for us to all be together at once will most certainly be few and far between. *sniff, sniff*

The girls got some last time with their new baby cousin. We tried to talk Kristi and Adam into letting Logan come with us, but to no avail. I want these cousins to grow up knowing each other. *sniff, sniff*

Erika said a special goodbye to her most favorite dog in the whole world, Kristi and Adam’s aging Meisje. She’s never known life without Meisje and had a harder time saying goodbye to her than the people. (I remember moving across half the country when I was about Erika’s age and having to leave my beloved pony behind, so I understand). *sniff, sniff*

It was hard for me to say goodbye to these two. How I love my sister and brother, best siblings in the world. I really, really wanted to be an only child when I was a kid, but now I’m so glad I’m not (thanks, Mom and Dad!). I couldn’t possibly imagine life without these two. *sniff, sniff*

One last shot of my parents with their four granddaughters before Uncle Adam, Kristi, Kristi’s Adam, and Logan had to leave. Happily, we’ll get a little more time with Grandpa and Beppy in the coming week or so, but then we’ll wish them farewell too. I hate goodbyes. *sniff, sniff*

6 comments:

gretchenhs said...

You are one blessed girl my friend. Your family appears to pretty awesome from the outside as well. Beautiful pictures and lots of cherished moments to keep you going for awhile. Love ya!

MOM said...

Jill, you did an awesome job writing this (moved me to tears already and we haven't even said goodbye!) and thanks to Rob for the great pics.

Gretchen ~ what nice comments.

We so appreciate family and friends.

Love, Mom VP

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful blessing...the family photo is priceless!

Katie Lady said...

You will treasure these photos and the memories you've made on this trip. I'm sure we all agree that New Jersey is just too dang far away. You will be missed too, dear friend. *sniff sniff*

Jill said...

Thanks so much, everyone. We love our family...and guess what? Our friends too!

Kristin said...

I didn't like this post... because it was sooo sad :-( Miss you guys already.