Monday, November 1, 2010

Let’s Drive a Rocket

Jill's Journal: Anyone with kids knows they say the most heartbreakingly cute things on an everyday basis. I try not to bore people by going on and on about my wonderful children, but I do have to share this. Madelyn, in a very contemplating tone and out of the blue, said, “I want to go to space. Mommy, will you go with me?”

“Sure,” I said, feeling honored she chose me. (I personally have no desire to go to space, but one makes sacrifices for their children.)

“I think I need a grown-up to go with me because I don’t know how to drive a rocket,” she continued pensively.

“Kiddo, I don’t know how to drive a rocket either,” I confessed.

“But you can read the instruction book,” said my little smartie. If only everything in life was as easy as that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's the sweet out of nowhere comments like this that make children so precious.