Thursday, November 18, 2010

Serious Love for Iowa

Jill's Journal: Lazy days soaking up the wonderfulness of close-knit family ties are quickly drawing to a close. The girls’ Great Grandpa treated us to a super nice lunch and we stuck around for a few hours for a surprise early Christmas and to play. I hope I’m that spry when I’m nearly 87! The girls really think the world of him and are building such tremendous memories. The pictures alone are treasures to me.



Great Aunt Julie joined us for a visit to the Ice Cream Capital of the World. More ice cream is produced in Le Mars, Iowa, by Blue Bunny than by any other city in the world. Their little museum simulates their factory and taught the girls a little bit about how ice cream is made. And what kids don’t like ice cream? They were, of course, enthralled. The 1920’s-style ice cream parlor is a must-visit as well.

My Dad will appreciate this one…his “domestic” brother serving up dinner. It ranks up there with the picture of my Dad running a vacuum. :)

No comments: