Saturday, June 25, 2011

Memories...

Jill wrote in her last post:
"More tomorrow on the great fun we had on the coast…"

And we did - we had an amazing time. And today was also fantastic. You all, those who read this, know those stories will come - we needed a little downtime today after a longer day than expected, with a lot to do. The rest in Portland is welcomed, and everyone here will get to catch their collective breath a little. WE love Oregon so far, and will decide from here, Portland, what direction we go... it's a mystery right now. :)

Jill will blog away in the days to come, but I just wanted to leave everyone with a little memory - one that may not have been seen by our blog's readers. It is not often I (yes, I'm invoking the I) look back at stuff, but I was looking for something and ran across this gem. Taken April of 'beforewewereontheroad', it was amazing to see the changes in all my girls... What a fun thing to be able to look back on, before the journey - and being able to compare it with where we are now...

...................................
Jill said... (26 June, 2011 10:45)

Look at those itty-bitty, little kiddos!! Erika was barely 5, Madelyn 3, and Victoria 19 months. Madelyn has changed the most of all. She used to be short and stocky, just a little tank. Now she's tall and lanky and so skinny that the ethnic Mom in me wants to stuff her full of food 24 hours a day!

I remember that day so well -- Kite Festival, Georgetown KY, April 2009. We were about six months into considering the journey we're on now and I remember thinking, "This is the sort of thing we'll do all the time if we go 'on the road.'" And I also remember thinking that if days like that close to home could go well with such little kids, that we really could make this journey a reality... :)

No comments: