Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Long day...

(ed. note: I apologize in advance for this post being the way it is. It really is a blog about what's going on and I want to be honest with that, with myself when I look back at it, and with you, and while I'm not sure who is reading it, I know that there are some of you out there - so again, my apologies for the likely self-centered, slightly downer thing coming your way if you continue.)

It really is nice to have an evening where there is 0% chance of rain. We've been through a spell here where thunderstorms could pop up at any minute - and not like sprinkly thunderstorms... monster gutter-washing half-an-inch-of-running-water-down-the-driveway-in-five-minutes thunderstorms. And while I understand that not having rain is also a bad thing, at this point in our trip I'm very happy to be free a couple of days from it.

It is nice being able to have the windows open. Real air with just a slight breeze cutting across the room. Yes, its a little humid, but my opinion of humidity has changed in the last 2 weeks. I'm getting better about it, and can stand it a bit more. Speaking of which...

2 weeks? Really? Its a cheap way to live but I certainly didn't expect to be here coming up on, and surely passing, 2 weeks. But, with everything going on, Mom's surgery, so much stuff to do around the place and still so much to have gone through I guess I shouldn't have expected less time. It doesn't seem like I've made any progress in the last few days, though I know I have. Maybe I just need to move on. I've resigned myself to the fact that we're here for another 4 or 5 days but it has really left me in a bit of a funk. I wanted to write about it last night but just couldn't bring myself to even think about it. How is that a way to start this adventure - be beaten up enough to not want to write any of it down... sigh.

For any of you that didn't notice this last two weeks have kinda taken a toll ;) We WANT to be on the road and feeding on new experiences about the places, sights and information for us and the kids, but its just kinda a holding pattern. I'm hopeful that we can get into a takeoff pattern soon, and go adventuring. Once we're on the road, I know that everything (*especially* my attitude) will improve.

I think we've all settled into our new lives pretty well so far. With all the knockdown punches we've taken the last 2 weeks we're seriously still laughing about it for the most part. I'm hopeful that tomorrow, after what is sure to be a very full day of work, I'll be able to fix the washing machine (the new one has a bad board in it, so it just keeps pushing water into the drum - all the time - 50, 60 gallons a cycle...), I'll get the cooked Audio/Video system in place and rewired, (a--gain, for the third time). I'll get the dryer out of the living room, and then put the door back on the closet. Hopefully tomorrow we won't blow any more breakers (the electric water heater is the bane of my 30 amp existence), and I can be on a downhill run for the rest of the week crossing stuff of my fixit list. :) Keep it together Robert... Keep it together. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, it may not seem like it now, but it's probably for the best that you get all the kinks ironed out now before you're off on the road. (Even if you are heading the wrong way first.) ;)

Nikki Estes said...

I thought the same thing!!! I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to live vicariously through you!!! Godspeed, the sweet Williams' family!!

thegang@RVfor5.com said...

Thanks you two. It really is nice to see that people are reading, and while things have been tough of late, I know that once we get on the road and on our way - things will be much easier (We hope!) ;)

R.