Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wind and Rain and Storms…Oh My!

Jill's Journal: The girls and I were just on our way out yesterday afternoon to visit with friends when a storm came in very suddenly. The sky changed from bright and sunny to dark and ominous. And the wind! Violent wind, which changed direction while we were watching. The thunder and lightning and rain that came with it seemed secondary to the wind.

It was fascinating to watch…until I remembered that we’re in a trailer! Doesn’t every tornado seem to target trailers? I had visions of us flying away in Dorothy-like fashion and never being heard from again. Luckily, we held very firm to the ground. That made me feel better until I realized we’re parked right in between an old barn and a very large old tree which is leaning in our direction. Great for shade, not so great if either was blown over in a mini-twister!

Happily, the storm left as quickly as it came and the girls and I went on our merry way. I left a little bit wiser, however, and determined to pay a bit more attention to our surroundings when we park and inclement weather is a possibility! There is most definitely a learning curve to all this.

No comments: