Friday, January 27, 2012

Excellent Pursuits

Jill's Journal: Much to the girls’ consternation, Rob’s trip to New Jersey got extended. There were real tears when they learned the news a few days ago…how they miss their Daddy. I suspect there will be some serious jubilation when he steps off the plane tomorrow, eight days after he left. Here’s some random photos from this week, just to make Rob even a little more eager to hurry home!

They’ve been such good girls this week. With the exception of Rob’s absence, the quiet week has been lovely for both them and me. School has gone so smoothly and I have gotten many projects around the house completed while the girls have played, dressed up, and played some more…all excellent pursuits.

Rob knows this, but I had to put a picture up here: Victoria is officially reading. She started in earnest a couple of weeks ago and is doing an amazing job, not deterred in the least that she’s just four. I tried to put her off since she’s so young but she would have none of it. Then I was sure she'd lose interest because she's so young, but she's proving to be a determined, avid learner. She’s also just days away from being done with the entire curriculum for her first year of preschool, which was supposed to last until June. She’s going to give her big sisters a run for their money if she keeps this up.

Apparently Victoria has a secret to her success. I was teasing her this afternoon, asking how she’d gotten so big and strong and clever lately. Without missing a beat, she said, “It’s because I drink milk.” I suspect her Grandpa, who has been in the dairy industry my whole life, would be awfully pleased with that answer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very good answer Victoria
grandpa will give a extra back
rub the next time we see you.

grandpa

R. (aka "Daddy") said...

Tears in my eyes as I read this. I can't wait to be home.

Andrea Kanelopoulos - Anam Nostos House said...

Ok, I got teary at how much they miss their daddy! So sweet...and YAY Victoria!!! Detta is still in the memorizing book stage, she prefers so much to just cook all day, photography and art :-) We sent off something last week at last too! Have such a HAPPY day tomorrow on daddy's arrival!!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, that Victoria is one smart cookie!! And yes, because of the reading, but also because she understands the benefits of milk!! ;-) Good girl!!

I also love how much they missed their daddy... This adventure you're on is truly a gift...

~Jen