Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Incoming: 83 Degrees?

Jill's Journal: My darling husband is in New Jersey for a few days on business and I’m told it’s cold there. Really cold. That sure makes me appreciate sunny Southern California. The forecast here calls for sun and 80 degrees tomorrow, with sun and 83 degrees the day after that. Eighty-three degrees. In January. Ahhhh, bliss. There’s a reason this is the most populous area in the most populous state.

The girls and I are taking some down time while Rob is out of town. Down time for us still means we have a full school day, but then the girls get to play to their hearts’ content afterward without any “field trips.” It feels nice to have a few quiet days while this busy city buzzes around us, but it’s also freshening us for the days ahead. We have so much to see in the Los Angeles area – I have a “must see” list that’s a mile long – and we’ve barely scratched the surface. I’ve promised the girls one more quiet day tomorrow and then we’re officially kicking into high gear.

2 comments:

Katie Lady said...

Don't know how long you're without Rob, but know that we are just a 60 minute drive south! Sent you an email about some fun ideas...

Yes, 80 degrees is nice, but I miss a little winter, don't you?

Jill said...

Hmmmm. We had a little winter in Mammoth in November...I'm kind of enjoying this, to be honest! :)

Hope you've checked your return e-mail; looking forward to seeing you very soon!