Thursday, May 10, 2012

A few photos, and a story

 In going through my photos from our trip through Joshua Tree, I found a few that I wanted to share.  I love this spontaneous shot from the overlook of the dam. 
Similar shot to the one from Death Valley.
I really liked the way the JT on the right stood out.
My first shot in the park.
Just a winding road through JT, shot from Keys View.
Joshua Tree has always been a rock climber's paradise,
I have a few stories of my own, and I enjoyed
the way this photo turned out.
This was on the previous JT blog; this was our Lily.
And this was the story about 'Lily'.  The book taught us
about how the trees grow, their background,
and most importantly gave the girls a way to be involved
in the park.  I got the link from the NPS website:
http://www.nps.gov/jotr/forkids/upload/lily.pdf
My two favorite shots from the day are below.  These are blooms from the Cholla Cactus Garden which really is so striking that it has to be seen to be believed. Be careful though, those cactus will attack you if you get too close!


1 comment:

gretchenhs said...

Great shots! THe first one is definitely my favorite.