Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Introducing…

Jill's Journal: It is my privilege to introduce the precious and perfect Logan Grace, newborn daughter of Kristi and Adam. This beautiful little baby made her grand entrance into the world on Sunday morning after putting her mama, my incredible sister, through a long and arduous labor. True to family form, Kristi did it all without any pain medication and was a complete rock star (us Dutch girls are tough!).

In one of the three greatest honors of my life (the others are being married to my wonderful husband and being entrusted by God to take care of three amazing little girls), Kristi and Adam allowed me to be present at Logan’s birth from start to finish. It was miraculous and phenomenal and magical…and I’m not ashamed to say tears streamed down my face as I was witness to her first breaths and saw Kristi and Adam become parents. I will madly love that little girl –and her parents– until the day I die.

Welcome to the world, precious Logan Grace. You are so loved.

5 comments:

gretchenhs said...

Congratulations to the new family! Kristi and Adam, she is absolutely gorgeous! I love her name and that Jill got to be there too! You Dutch girls amaze me!! =) What was her weight? Was she a "big one" like Jill too? She looks small in the picture! I am so excited for you, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE babies!! Cheers to a lifetime of happy times!

Dragon15 said...

Welcome to the world of parenting, Kristi and Adam. Welcome to a wonderful loving family to Logan. How fabulous! Jill your discription almost moved me to tears, remembering my daughters birth. (Connor is a bit removed for my memory.)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Kristi and Adam!! Logan is BEAUTIFUL!! And, yes, Dutch girls are definitely tough... ;-)

~Jen

Anonymous said...

Jill, I love how you love your sister and family - it's so refreshing and inspirational in this crazy kind of world and you are such an awesome big sister and your family follows your lead! We love you and Rob and the girls and so much respect the role models you are to your girls and everyone around you! Congratulations on being and auntie and uncle and cousins! Love you! Aunt Julie &Uncle Kim!

Jill said...

Thanks so much, everyone! They are the cutest family ever -- all so in love with each other. It's just awesome.

Gretchen, to answer your question, no, my sister had an itty-bitty little baby! She was 7'9"...she's so petite (in my experience) that I'm afraid I'll break her!!