Monday, February 21, 2011

Horseback Riding on Pismo Beach

Jill's Journal: Does life get much better than this? If it does, let me know, because I happen to think this is just about as good as it gets. Horseback riding on the beach…really, that’s just about the ultimate in my book.

See the hottie in the sunglasses? That’s the bestest sister ever. Thank you so much, Kristi, for making such a special day happen (and to Rob for encouraging it). I’ll remember it forever!

That’s me and Sarah, a friend of Kristi’s. I don’t know how many miles the three of us rode, but cantering through the waves and ocean spray was HEAVEN. Sadly, I’m not the rider I used to be – getting the opportunity to ride only once every few years now will do that to a person – but I felt like I was really getting my seat back toward the end. And no matter, because it was a wonderful day and there will be a big smile plastered on my face for a very long time.

These girls crack me up. Here they’re teaching me the all-important margarita toss!

5 comments:

gretchenhs said...

It looks like heaven to me!!!!

Jill said...

I just knew you'd understand, Gretchen!!

Anonymous said...

I agree, looks like a ton of fun! You're so lucky to be able to ride on the beach in the middle of winter, in Iowa, we would be climbing snowbanks!
Kelsey VP

Anonymous said...

looks like a fun day !!wish I was there.

Uncle Kim

Jill said...

Kelsey, I don't know -- there's got to be some advantages to your very own, custom, indoor arena just steps out your back door (even if you do have to climb snowbanks to get to it)!! That can't be TOO shabby. :)

And Uncle Kim, I do believe you would have loved it! Sounds like you need another vacation out West.