Monday, February 28, 2011

RV Oven: I Finally Win!

Jill's Journal: It’s only taken (nearly) nine months, but I’ve finally made nice with our little RV oven! The thing is moody and temperamental and just plain mean, but I’ve finally made a major breakthrough and figured the darn thing out. I finally know it better than it knows itself and can predict its next move before it makes it!

Tonight, for the first time, it delivered dinner perfectly cooked and I’m confidant I can finally persuade and cajole it to do so again and again. Now, I’m not a food photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but I was so excited over this I had to share. The girls helped me make the dough this morning in time for it to rise for one of their favorite meals, calzone (or inside-out pizza, as they like to call it). Isn't it delectable-looking?

I’m just so happy to finally be on speaking terms with this oven; hopefully we have a lot of future years together of happiness and productiveness to make up for all these months of giving each other the evil eye.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm glad you said what kind of food it was... I thought that they were baked potatoes. opps :-)

Love, your sister who obviously doesn't cook

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jill! Calzone from scratch is no simple task in any oven, consider it a true victory.

Love,
Wendi

Jill said...

Kristi, you literally made me laugh out loud! And it's okay...I'd rather not cook either. :)

Wendi, thank you! I'm just so pleased to have a cooperating oven. It's the little things in life that sometimes are the most exciting. :)