Monday, May 9, 2011

Great Grandpa is so Groovy!

Jill's Journal: It’s no secret I’m a little partial to my Grandpa, shown here with the girls in one of my all-time most cherished photos. Our visit to Iowa in November to see him and our other family there was one of our favorite stops of the whole trip so far.

Today, on the phone, he told me he has started reading our blog as it’s a great way to keep up with us and the “great-grands.” Rob and I think this is phenomenal – he’s seen the rise of everything from indoor plumbing to telephones to electricity to air travel in his lifetime and now he’s even reading a blog. At age 87! He’s always been a hero to me in so many ways and I hope I can be half as “cool” as he is when I’m 87. Heck, I hope to even make it to 87. You are AWESOME, Grandpa!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess he didn't learn how to comment yet ;)
Kelsey

Jill said...

LOL! One thing at a time, Kelsey!!