Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Box Day

Jill's Journal: A few days ago, Federal Express knocked on our door at 7:30am with our shipment of curriculum for the coming fall. The girls were beyond excited to celebrate “Box Day” and couldn’t wait to get their hands on all the books. Mean Mom that I am, I made them finish their breakfast and make their beds before we cracked open the first box. They promptly piled every single book on the couch and spent the entire day ooohing and aaahing over the oodles of new school books. It’s going to be a good school year.

Now, just where in the world am I going to put 125+ pounds of books?

4 comments:

Andrea Kanelopoulos - Anam Nostos House said...

I love this!! How awesome for them to be so excited for school and learning! Ok, but I am trying to picture FEDEX finding you, haha. I was just thinking how could I send you something...are you ever in one place long enough?

Karen Tallon said...

We just got a few boxes ourselves this week...Home/Road school here we come!

Jill said...

Andrea -- it's definitely surreal to get a visit at our door from FedEx! We've been in this spot for a couple of weeks now and will be moving this weekend. The next time we'll hold still long enough for any shipments of anything will be September. But thanks for the thought -- it's the thought that counts! :)

Jill said...

Ooooooooh Karen, we're so excited for you!!! Like I said to Phil on FB, I can attest to the joys of roadschooling. :)