Saturday, July 2, 2011

It’s a Girls’ Week

Jill's Journal: The girls and I brought Rob to the airport bright and early this morning. He’s off to Vegas with a buddy from Lexington who is playing in a World Series of Poker event. If his early reports on Facebook are any indication, he’s already having a great time.

Meanwhile, the girls and I are holding down the fort here in Portland. We’ve decided to take it easy ourselves this week. We’re going to forego major sightseeing for a few days and instead spend lots of time at the pool, read a few books, and maybe even watch cartoons! The girls are beyond excited to have a whole week of this ahead, but they miss their Daddy already. Madelyn even started writing him a letter. This is what she wants the finished product to say:
“Dear Daddy,
I would like to visit you in Las Vegas, but Mommy says we’re not going to the airport so I can’t get on an airplane.
Love, Madelyn”

Apparently it’s my fault we can’t see him for a few days. That child cracks me up.

No comments: