Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sting and…Mister Rogers?

Jill's Journal: Quick, what do Sting and Mister Rogers have in common?

Probably absolutely nothing, but one I loved as a child and one I loved as a teenager. And I still think they’re both pretty darn awesome. A few Christmases ago, sweet family members blessed me with their books (thank you!). I’ve finally had a chance to read them and thoroughly enjoy them.

And now it’s time for me to pass them on and bless someone else. We’re short on storage space in our 400-square-feet, so I love to find good homes for my books when I finish reading them.

If you’re interested in either of these books, drop me a line in the comments section and I’ll send it to you!

(Sting’s memoir was written by him and is his autobiography from his childhood up until the eve of his fame. I have a whole new respect for the hard work and years of dedication it took for him to find success. Fascinating stuff.

Mister Rogers’ book is a compilation (after his death) of wise things he said throughout the years. What a precious soul; he was certainly filled with a lot of insight into the human character.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the mobile site doesn't quite work right. Bummer.

What I had said was... I'd like a shot at the Mr. Rogers' book before you give it away... I'm pretty sure I've already heard about all the great parts of Sting-a-ling-a-ding-dings book second hand. ;)

R.

Jill said...

My darling husband, of course you can see the book! But it still needs a good home after that... :)