Thursday, September 2, 2010

A little concerned...

I'm starting to get a little concerned about Earl. Not that guy on TV ;) - the Category 4 Hurricane that's got the East Coast squarely in sight. In looking at the tracking, Rhode Island - ALL of Rhode Island, is in the projected path. It looks like we'll get rain, there's no doubt of that, and possibly some strong winds, but how strong is the question. Where we are is fairly inland, and probably more protected than a lot of places. Unless it comes ashore due South of us we'll likely just get brushed by, but that could still mean significant wind, and with wind - possible damage.

I'm in a quandry about what to do. The youngest is terrified of storms now, and will likely get a free pass into Mommy and Daddy's bed from the get-go Friday night. I guess if tracking shows that its headed directly at us I'll cut strings, hook-up and run North. Its still too early to tell, quite frankly, what the best course of action is, but those of you out there that are worried - don't... Earl has my (almost) full attention. :) We'll keep everyone as updated as we can.

4 comments:

MOM said...

I think the bold face comment is directed at me!! But thank you, because I have been known to worry!! You are saying, "No, my Mom worry, Nah.

Love to all and stay safe, or I'll have to come out there!!!

Anonymous said...

As someone who had her roof very rudely removed by Katrina, I can tell you that a direct hit, or even a sideswipe, from a hurricane is no joke (especially in an RV). If there's any question at all, pack up & get moving, sooner rather than later (traffic can be shockingly bad)!

Hang on to your hats & glasses, kids...it could be a wild ride!

-Diana

Anonymous said...

thank you, Honey, I am really concerned about this storm for you guys. If you need to, head to Wooster Mass. Auntie Agnes lives there, it is inland south Mass there is a charming town south of Wooster that is either Stowebridge or Stonebridge which has an old colonial era inn lots of rooms for rent and a wonderful colonial restaurant and really Good bakery. The whole town is built and maintained around the town green. I think the girls would love this place. JoAnn I am totally with you on this one, Our primary concern is your safety. I Love and Miss all of you.
The Other Mom

wlwilli said...

Telling your followers not to worry is an utterly useless request because you know we all will, moms in particular:) - I did tell Mom she needn't worry because you would certainly be monitering Earl closely. Just be safe, keep your head down, and run like hell if necessary.

Miss you!