Thursday, October 21, 2010

Children’s Discovery Museum

Jill's Journal: Right before we left Lexington in June, I bought a year-long membership to the local children’s museum for our little family. It carries a reciprocity agreement with children’s museums all over the country, which is why I bought it -- I thought we’d be using it constantly as we traveled. However, it was starting to look like money lost as we hadn’t visited a children’s museum anywhere (there’s just so many other fun things to do!). But then we reached Bangor, which doesn’t have a ton of things to see but turns out to have a very sweet children’s museum. It is officially our girls’ favorite new place to play. We’ve been twice in the last week and I don’t think I’d hear the end of it if I didn’t take them one more time before we go.

The spectacular Maine vistas and beautiful fall foliage have done very little to impress these girls. But recreate Zuckerman’s barn from Charlotte’s Web and the bedroom from Goodnight Moon and a cargo boat and a restaurant and several other basic things and these girls are smitten.

No comments: