Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Golden Sunlight

Jill's Journal: As has happened so frequently on this journey for the past 18 months, our plans have changed a bit. I suppose that’s one of the benefits of having a superbly flexible schedule! We’ll now be spending an extra week in Tehachapi, California, with my parents.

Tehachapi, or technically the community of Bear Valley Springs, is the only place we’ve paid a return visit to thus far. Last year, we were here in the throes of winter, but this time, we’ve been fortunate to make it for the tail end of fall instead. And what a lovely season it is. Afternoons are often bathed in glorious, golden sunlight. Autumn may be manifested in different ways all over the country, but is it any wonder it ranks as most people’s favorite season?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fall is right behind summer for me. ;)

gretchenhs said...

Beautiful picture!
It's freaking cold here in KY so you aren't missing a thing here, that's for sure. Brrrr! The older I get the colder I get.

Jill said...

Gary, I think if I lived in arctic Idaho too, summer would have to be tops. :) By the way, I hear congratulations on a new job are in order! Awesome.

Gretchen, thank you so much and I'm sorry it's so cold there! It's only November...what's up with that?? Stay warm, my friend!