Thursday, November 3, 2011

Winter Storm

So today we realized that it was our very last day of fall. Tonight and tomorrow call for snow, with a possibility of up to 8 inches over that time.


I took time today to ride bikes and enjoy a little outdoor time with the girls. Erika rode with me to the store to pick up snacks; Madelyn enjoyed time riding around, and then on the playground - she should be a gymnast (pictured); and Victoria just wanted to ride directly to the playground, swing a little, and come directly back home.


After all that I went out to run some errands. It was fun for me to watch a town get ready for the 'big' snow. We're expecting to be snowed in for the next couple of days. I felt a little at home seeing all that and prepping myself by backing in the cars, putting the truck into 4WD, and buying food for several days ... making sure everything's taken care of, just in case...

I took some photos while I was out tonight just to show what's going on.

I just opened the door and realized again how much I enjoy a good snow storm. There's about 2 inches of snow on the ground right now - the entire landscape is white and the sound of snow falling is just so - peaceful. Maybe in the morning we'll be snowed in for the day. :)

9 comments:

gretchenhs said...

Just be careful! I worry about you all!
Build a snow woman too! =)

Anonymous said...

We have snow too, but we are supposed to be in "sunny California!". I'm sure your kids love the first snow!

Love, Mom VP

Jill said...

Ladies, it's kind of fun to be in the snow! I say that for a day or two; if it lasted months we might not think so. :)

Andrea Kanelopoulos - Anam Nostos House said...

Oh just be careful! I worry too, your situation is a wee bit different than most friend ;-) Just catching up these days, I feel I may owe you a letter :-) Monastery Day for me tomorrow, woohoo! Peace to you all! (PS Detta saw a motorhome today and I explained to her all about it and that's where Victoria lived....she was SO jealous!!! haha)

Jill said...

We are super careful -- two days planned of not going anywhere! I love those kind of days. :) Too funny about Detta and the motorhome.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your in California and it's snowing, while here in Iowa we haven't seen a flake yet! So crazy.
Love reading about your adventures whenever I can :)
Kelsey VP

Jill said...

Thanks Kelsey! And regarding the snow, you're absolutely correct. It just doesn't seem right, does it? :)

Anonymous said...

You are welcome to come to Iowa. It is going to be 62 degrees to day and no snow.You can stay in the barn. Uncle Kim

Jill said...

Ha ha! Hmmmm, Uncle Kim, that is, indeed, tempting! ;)