Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy Birthday to My “Baby Daddy!”

Jill's Journal: The girls’ Daddy, who also just so happens to be the Best Husband in the World, turns 40 today. FORTY. The big four-oh. I’m not certain he’s traumatized by this, but I might be. Forty sounds grown-up. Forty sounds serious. You know, the whole “40 days and 40 nights” stuff in the Bible. Or 40 lashes. The back 40.

Yes, turning 40 is definitely serious. And on the occasions Rob posts on this blog, he might sound like a pretty serious guy. But that’s only part of his personality. He’s also got the greatest sense of humor of anyone I know, as he’s shown by some of his wacky profile pictures on Facebook. I always tease him he wastes all his good stuff on Facebook when he could be putting it here on our family blog. Well, not today.

On this day, his 40th birthday, I stole borrowed some of those silly, Photoshopped pictures of Rob to share right here and celebrate this wonderful husband, father, friend, and person. These "many faces of Rob" make me laugh, which is what one should be doing on a birthday, especially such a milestone one.

Happy Birthday, my darling husband.

























11 comments:

gretchenhs said...

Have a very happy birthday Rob! I'm sure it'll be great!
I must have missed a couple of these pictures on FB, LOVE them!
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Very clever. I think Mr. Rogers is my favorite

Have a very Happy Day with your family, a good year and many more.

Love, Mom VP

Diana said...

Jill, that man is just not right! But I'm so glad you found such a good one. The happiest of birthdays to you, Rob. It ain't 30 anymore, but at least it's not 50! =)

Andrea Kanelopoulos - Anam Nostos House said...

Happy Birthday....again....Bobby :-)
Jill you are soooooo good!! Although you are making feel over the hill and time to get out my cane as I am a wee bit older!!! hahaha Hope you have fun Celebrating such an AWESOME life!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Rob. Really glad we are able to keep in touch after all these years. Besides, I could never repay the debt of gratitude... you planted the idea ~20 years ago on the way to the plane. ;)

R. said...

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes. I appreciate the sentiment, and as stated: it's no longer 30, but at least it ain't 50 (yet).

I'm glad to see so many enjoy my little photo hobby here. It is really about the only hobby I have - well, that, and travelling around the entire country - little things. :)

Anonymous said...

What a terrific post!!! Loved all the pictures! =) Hope you had a terrific birthday, Rob! You know what they say?! 40 is the new 22... ;-)

~Jennifer

Jill said...

Thanks Jen! I don't know about 40 being the new 22...he's gotten pretty crochety since he got so old. Ha ha -- just kidding, dear. :)

Andrea Kanelopoulos - Anam Nostos House said...

hahahaha love it Jill!! I owe you some 'comments' busy busy these days...:-( btw did Victoria get Detta's last card?

Jill said...

Andrea, yes, thank you! We just got our mail and it was in there! I think it missed last month's cutoff by a day, so it makes us look way behind. A reply will be coming shortly! :)

Andrea Kanelopoulos - Anam Nostos House said...

Awe no worries on getting back to us fast, I was just worried I messed up and Detta wanted to write before, but didn't want V to feel bad so having her wait :-)