Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Holiday Week

Jill's Journal: Instead of being in Death Valley all week like we’d expected, it worked out we could spend the holiday week with family. Being with family is wonderful anytime, but it’s extra nice when it’s Thanksgiving week. I don’t believe Rob has ever had Thanksgiving with my family and the girls certainly haven’t. Heck, I haven’t had Thanksgiving with my family since at least 1992, maybe 1991. That’s 20 years! We are most definitely due.

We arrived at my parents’ home in Bear Valley Springs, California, on Sunday and the girls have settled into an easy routine of school in the morning and grandparent time in the afternoon. The girls are so happy to be here that they’ve told us in a not-so-subtle way that Rob and I should continue traveling and leave them here for a while. I believe Erika’s direct quote was, “Maybe you can pick us up in 100 days or so.”

And that’s the way it should be with grandparents! I love it, in spite of having to decline Erika’s polite offer. Ever the little lawyer, Erika declared we then need to stop “wasting time” with school so she and her sisters can take advantage of every minute here. And oh my, just wait until the rest of the family arrives (and the dogs too)… We’ll never get these girls out of here!

Does this not look like a completely happy, 100% contented child? It's going to be a good week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We wish we were there to.Kim And Julie

Unknown said...

Glad you were able to settle in with the family for Thanksgiving week. Have a wonderful family holiday.

Andrea Kanelopoulos - Anam Nostos House said...

Okay I am getting off my pity party train...20years!! It's been 3 for me, but being the youngest of 8 gatherings are about 40 on holidays and at least half that once a month...so to go from 40 to 4 it has been tough. Hope you enjoy every special moment!!