Thursday, November 24, 2011

Grateful…

Jill's Journal: Grateful for so many things, including the chance to spend the first Thanksgiving in 20 years with my family. How sweet it is.

Grateful to have more food than anyone could possibly eat, along with the girls’ Grandpa who slaved away to pay for it all and the girls’ Beppy who slaved away to prepare it all.

Grateful for three healthy and happy little girls, including one who was so excited about Thanksgiving she made name placards for everyone. No, they weren’t really meant to be attached to foreheads.

Apparently Uncle Adam’s name is too long! Or maybe he was at the end of Erika’s name card project and she decided to cut it short. Either way, he got abbreviated.

But that’s clearly no reflection of these girls’ adoration for him. They practically sat in his lap during Thanksgiving dinner. By the way, he surprised us all by rocking the facial hair for the first time ever (remnants of a recent elk hunting trip in Colorado). My handsome baby brother suddenly looks like a grown-up.

Back to being grateful…there’s nothing to be more grateful for than a new baby joining the family next spring. This will be the girls’ (long anticipated) first-ever cousin and Rob’s and my first-ever niece or nephew...oh my goodness, WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, so much to be grateful for! Life is good!

Love, Beppy of 4 (Soon to be)!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to Kristi. Glad you got to spend the holiday with your family. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it is all about family (which I am MOST thankful for).

Diana said...

I was just thinking when I looked at the picture of Kristi & Adam that I bet they'll be adding another chair to the dinner table one of these days...yippee! It's fun being an aunt--someone new to love without all the work (and you still have the right to tell them what to do). Congratulations to everyone! =)

Jill said...

Thanks for the super sweet comments and good wishes! I've been just itching to share this news for a couple of months now. Have I mentioned that we are SO EXCITED??? :)

gretchenhs said...

Congratulations Kristi and Adam!
A baby is the best thing you'll ever experience!!!
Much love to you all! Glad it was a great day!!!

Jill said...

Thanks Gretch! You're so right -- babies are the best thing ever. How was your holiday? Also, I'm not sure I've said this, but we are SO EXCITED!!

Kristin said...

Thanks everyone for all of the congrats... we are super excited... I think we are even as excited as Jill... ;-)