Friday, March 2, 2012

April

Jill's Journal: Me and April, Paris, March 1993

I think once you travel with someone, especially internationally, you’re either friends for life or you never want to speak to that person again. Happily, with April, it’s the former and not the latter! We were both top producers at a company we worked for many moons ago right here in Orange County’s Anaheim Hills, and we were both rewarded with a very memorable trip to France. Spoiled with luxury, we were treated to some of the best of Paris, including the equivalent of a state dinner and a picnic with a real, live prince. Ahhhh, Paris…but I digress.

April and I have seen each other several times over the years, including multiple times in Kentucky, where, oddly enough, her grandparents lived. She was kind enough to have me and the girls over to play at her home in Foothill Ranch this week and we had a ball. I know this is off-topic, but I just love her hair. She asked how I dealt without a regular stylist on the road and I just had to laugh. I told her this is my “casual time in life”…no make-up and hair thrown into a ponytail because I haven’t had a truly good haircut in two years. It just suits the lifestyle and that’s okay. I’ll take the trade-off!

The little one on the left is April’s adorable daughter, Cat. She and my girls played together in Lexington a few years ago, but none of them remember it. No matter, because they were all fast friends all over again.

After spending the day before with boy playmates, the girls switched gears completely as Cat generously shared her princess dress-up clothes with them. Look at those smiles! These were some happy, happy little ladies. The grown-ups were happy too -- what a huge treat it was to see April again.

2 comments:

Dragon15 said...

I cannot believe that you have a Paris photo. What a grand tip that was! Cat and I had a fabulous time and hope to see you and the girls again soon. and maybe even Rob this time. LOL!

Jill said...

Oh April...I've got plenty more where that came from! LOL! Thanks again so much for having us. :) Looking forward to seeing you again soon!