Wednesday, March 28, 2012

San Diego, California

Jill's Journal: In our “tour” first up and then down the entire California coast (all approximately 850 miles of it), we saved what is arguably the best coastal city of this great state for last: San Diego. Humorously, the day we arrived (in this city known for spectacular year-round weather), it was dreary, rainy, windy, foggy, and cold. It felt like we’d taken a wrong turn and ended up in San Francisco instead. I’m so pleased to report that was an aberration. It’s been beautiful ever since.

San Diego is unofficially called “America’s Finest City.” The United States of America has a lot of fine cities, but this is one that really stands out. We are so happy to be here.

6 comments:

gretchenhs said...

It's the only place I've ever been to in CA and I didn't want to leave. I had just gotten married at the time and I told Steve to pack up Bug and meet me out there. I LOVED it and their zoo is the best I've ever been to and I was only there for 4 hours!!!!

Jill said...

LOL Gretchen! I wonder how your non-sun-loving husband felt about that! :) We'll visit the Zoo soon and we'll think of you, I promise. :)

Unknown said...

OK -Quick geeky Trivia... Which city is further West -Reno, NV or San Diego, CA?


Reno!!!

Love San Diego though.

Jill said...

Gary, you are truly a dizzying wealth of information. :)

gretchenhs said...

Back then, Steve could still go in the sun. =)
Just all the pictures you all have posted have made me want to go back!

Jill said...

Poor Steve -- what a change in lifestyle. The sun isn't terribly intense here; I think a big hat and lots of sunscreen might do the trick. Come visit us!! :)