Friday, March 9, 2012

The Magic Kingdom

Jill's Journal: Doesn’t everyone who goes to Disneyland have this picture at this exact spot near the entrance? We had to get one too. We were blessed to enjoy our third and final day in the Magic Kingdom. The girls had such a great time and made memories to last a childhood. I’m pretty sure they do believe it’s “the happiest place on earth.” (And Rob and I are wondering how it’s soooo much more exhausting to be the grown-ups at Disneyland than it is to be the kids at Disneyland?)

We met princesses…

…princesses…

…and more princesses.

There just happened to be a mouse…

…and a cowgirl too.

Sleeping Beauty wins “Princess with the Best Personality” contest, hands-down…

…although Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother was hilarious and awesome and by far the most charismatic of all the characters. She had just told Victoria here, “Oh! There’s a queen named after you!”

Yesterday I shared a picture of our Splash Mountain experience. The girls in front got drenched. That included me.

My beloved Pirates of the Caribbean ride was not a hit with the girls and, after riding it as parents with kids in tow, we have to agree. It’s scary for little ones.

Erika’s favorite ride was the goofy Jungle Cruise…

…Madelyn was in love with It’s a Small World…

…and Victoria far preferred the roller coaster Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

We wanted the girls to try one of Disney’s yummy mint juleps. Note to our Kentucky friends: they’re slightly different than the souped-up Kentucky Derby versions. :)

Ah, what a lovely, lovely time spent as a family. I wish every family could have the opportunity to spend a day (or three) at Disneyland. We feel very blessed to have gotten the chance; Disneyland is truly a magical place for little ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are what I have been waiting for. I always hoped the girls would meet the Princess' they have looked up too and wanted to be. I see pure joy on their faces. THAT'S what Disney is all about. Victoria I hope you enjoyed that mint julep I love that drink so much I have tried with out success to duplicate it for many years. I love that mint julep and have one every time I go to Disneyland. It is much better than the Derby mint julep, I've had one of those too at the derby. I love all of these pictures and hope you all will remember this trip forever.
Love to you all,
Granma

Unknown said...

Victoria picked my favorite ride. Glad you all had a wonderful time.