Monday, March 14, 2011

Always a Crowd

Jill's Journal: After drinking in all the scenic wonderfulness of the weekend, it was back to reality today. I didn’t take this picture, but I feel like I could have. The girls and I were out running errands and it seems to me everything takes longer in California. Or maybe it just feels like it does because there’s so many people and so much traffic at every.single.turn. I suppose that’s the price one pays for being in a place with both extraordinary weather and scenery.

As we were waiting (and waiting) for a parking spot, my keen 7-year-old (who never misses anything) spoke up from the back seat, “California reminds me of New Jersey because there’s so many people and they all move slow.”

That made me laugh because while both California and New Jersey individuals are usually in a hurry, it does seem like they move slowly when they’re part of a constant crowd of people and you need to work your way through them! Smart girl.

1 comment:

gretchenhs said...

That picture makes me claustrophobic just looking at it! While yesterday's pictures made me want to curl up in a hammock and sleep/read. Mmmmmmm