Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rainy Day Fun

Jill's Journal: A big rainstorm has moved into the area and we don’t mind since we’ve been fortunate to have already seen what we’d hoped to on the Monterey Peninsula. Today we pulled out a tie-dye kit Rob had found for a rainy day. Yes, we realized after we started just how brave/insane we were to tackle this in the house, but it went well. I love how all three of the girls’ personalities show through in these snapshots. Erika concentrates intently and hesitates while she formulates her strategy. She finds great satisfaction in doing it absolutely right.

Madelyn dives in and just has fun with it. She isn’t concerned with the end result, only with living in the moment and making the most of it.

Victoria wants it her way and only her way, but is thrilled to be included as a big kid. She sticks her tongue out, Michael Jordan-esque, every time she’s focused.

It’s amazing how all three can be so different from each other.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clearly his first two are nothing alike, but my dad says that until his third child was born, he had no idea there was such a thing as three opposites. Guess it's true for you too!

-Diana

Jill said...

I never would have believed it, but I've learned it too. Three opposites -- how can it be possible? But it IS. Methinks you'll be learning that real soon yourself, my friend.

Anonymous said...

I agree on the three opposites! Never ceases to amaze me how they all came from the same DNA...

~Jennifer

Jill said...

Amen to that, Jen!! AMEN. And this is a wild guess, but I think it's even more apparent with three of the same gender than with mixed genders...

Anonymous said...

I think you're right! Boys are expected to be different from girls. (Thank God! - LOL)

~Jennifer