Monday, April 4, 2011

“THE Craft of My Life!”

Jill's Journal: I’ve mentioned that Erika is completely obsessed with anything Egyptian. Today we built a pyramid out of sugar cubes and glue. I haven’t got a crafty bone in my body, so it’s neat to see these little girls so excited about what I can muster as “Art.” Here’s Erika’s finished product.

Erika thought the whole process was the most wonderful thing in the world. In fact, the direct quote was, “This is THE craft of my life!”

The little girls got to make their own creations as well. We ended up with not pyramids, but a “playground” or a “swimming pool with lots of diving boards” or a “city” (they kept changing their minds). Personally, I think they were just excited to have carte blanche with glue.

8 comments:

gretchenhs said...

What fun!
I'm glad to see Victoria wearing her tyedye shirt too! I was a tongue sticker-outer too as a child. hehe
Give them kisses!

Jill said...

Gretchen, I love the tongue sticking out -- just love it! I hope she doesn't lose that. Do YOU still do it?!?

And those tie-dye shirts...I'm getting sick of them! I clearly do laundry too quickly, because all three have been wearing them about every other day, every time they find them clean in their drawers. It's driving me nuts!

Anonymous said...

Love the projects. Jill, your Dad still sticks his tongue out!! So, Victoria comes by it honestly. Don't tell him I told you!

The shirts are so cute!!

Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

That brings back memories! I built a California Mission (can't remember which one, though), way back in fourth grade, out of sugar cubes.

Wendi

Jill said...

Wait -- my Dad sticks his tongue out??

gretchenhs said...

Jill - I definitely don't do it anymore, unless I don't think about it, then occassionally I find myself doing it.

Unknown said...

I too remember the sugar cube California Mission project. Great to see the younger generation enjoying it too.

Jill said...

Wendi and Gary, I went to elementary school in California too -- but I didn't get a Mission/sugar cube project! Apparently you two scored. :)