Monday, April 11, 2011

A Sure Sign of Spring

Jill's Journal: To most people, a sure sign spring has arrived may be grass turning green or flower buds appearing. Not for me. I know it’s spring when all three of our little ones have grass stains on their britches!

We have had the most glorious, sun-speckled, low-key weekend, which the girls and I extended into after-school hours today. We swore off sightseeing for a few days and spent almost every waking hour outside in a wonderful, open grassy space just outside our RV. We’ve played “soccer,” keep away, catch, and goodness knows what else with a basketball a kind man gave to the girls a few days ago.

Victoria’s short little legs don’t quite keep up with everyone else’s yet, so she opted out of several of the games and stole my camera, telling us all she “just want(ed) to focus on picture-taking right now.” And she did! I found no fewer than 254 photos on my camera by Victoria. She is clearly my child.

Below, a sampling of life from Victoria’s perspective. I think she does quite a nice job for a 3-year-old (3 1/2-year-old, she would remind me).






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the fun pictures ~ good family time. Yes, Victoria is following in your footsteps, Jill !!

Love, Mom VP

gretchenhs said...

Definitely your child! Liz loves to take pictures as well, though she takes some weird ones! I love seeing everyone playing together and having fun! I especially like the picture of Victoria's feet! LOL

Katie Lady said...

I think we should definitely introduce your little photo queen to my Ansel Adams in training! They definitely have that in common. Look for an email of another set of feet... :)

Anonymous said...

love, Love, LOVE the pictures!!!

~Jennifer