Friday, September 23, 2011

At the Beach…

Jill's Journal: I never thought a lakeshore could truly be a beach until Tahoe. But since the pristine waters of this gorgeous lake are oh-so-chilly, we only intended to have our girls dip their toes in the water and play in the sand on our visit to the beach.

The toe-dipping plan worked at first…

But then Erika got a little braver…

…and soon was submerged up to her chin, clothes and all.

In the blink of an eye, Madelyn, Victoria, and their Daddy joined her. Cold be darned.

As an aside, note the pine cone in the foreground! You don’t see that on the seashore.

Madelyn basked in the sun afterward to warm back up. Doesn’t she look like she could be a future beach bum?

2 comments:

Andrea Kanelopoulos - Anam Nostos House said...

How much do I LOVE this post!!! The pictures are beautiful! I think it is amazing that your entire family came together....and yes I DO get the work it likely took Rob :-) Tahoe is an amazing gift. I have not been back in about 7 years!! I grew up going up there every summer and every winter my entire childhood, lived up there one year when I went to school...it is very true most have left, but their love for it's beauty never dies. Cheers to you all!

Jill said...

Thanks Andrea!! You hail from an amazing place. Wish you were here right now to enjoy it as well!