Friday, September 9, 2011

Our Day

Jill's Journal: How do we handle “recess” in a massive gravel parking lot and mostly empty campground? Foot races, of course. Madelyn was undefeated today, much to her older sister’s consternation.

A bike ride this afternoon on Sacramento’s car-free American River Parkway seemed like a good idea. It turns out 103 degrees is hotter than we remember from our past years in the desert.

The sun goes down on our abbreviated first week of school and our time in Sacramento. We’ve gotten a nice view of the sunset every night here. Erika has particularly enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill! Hi Rob!

Just read about your bike ride in the 103 degree desert...which reminds me...when are you coming to Vegas? I know, I know, it may take another year or two. It's okay, I am patient. But may I suggest that if you do come out here that you NOT come during the summer, because if you think 103 is bad, oh boy, I don't know what to tell you.

Your girls are adorable by the way.

Peace out!
Bethany

Jill said...

My dear Bethany! Being out of the desert has made us soft, hasn't it?! :) We're actually hoping to spend a little time in Vegas late this fall or early winter...maybe you'll even be all the way down to the 90-degree range by then. Can't wait to see you!