Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tahoe City, CA

Jill's Journal: Emerald Bay was looking particularly resplendent this morning on our way out of South Shore.

That’s Vikingsholm, which we visited earlier this week, down on the beach.

Our destination for the day was Tahoe City, the small town on the North Shore where Rob grew up. He took me and girls along today for a wonderful stroll down memory lane.

A few random Tahoe City shots: the Boatworks…

…the town library’s fireplace, which I imagine would be a perfectly divine spot to curl up in front of with a good book on a cold winter’s day…

…and the 1908 Watson Cabin, the oldest log structure still standing in the north Lake Tahoe area.

The girls love to shop and convinced Rob they absolutely needed sunglasses.

Victoria is a fashionista at heart. I love this picture of her.

Our main goal in Tahoe City was to spend time with Caroline, Rob’s lifelong friend. They “met” as infants and were best friends in high school, eventually even going to the same college in Pomona, California. They’ve kept in touch all this time, even if it was just birthday phone calls for the last several years. Caroline got married last year and is now proud Mom to an 8-year-old, Alicia. While the four grown-ups got to chat for hours, the four girls got to play and play and play.

They clearly hit it off!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I completely forgot to mention -- while at a playground in Tahoe City, we ran into a Swiss couple we'd seen at our campground (26 miles south) the day before. Even more bizzare, the person we were hanging out with (Caroline) is Swiss and we all connected in a big way. We had such a ball talking for an hour or more and comparing notes on traveling! The Swiss lady and I decided Moms are the same the world over as we discussed parenting. She and I have many of the same "rules" for our kids!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Tahoe City to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you!
Jane