Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hello, Civilization!


Jill's Journal: This morning we woke up to a band of nine ponies inches out our front door. It was perfect, because today we leave Assateague State Park. It’s definitely bittersweet to bid this exquisite place goodbye. We’ll treasure our experiences here always. I’m not sure we’ll ever find a place to top it, especially for this pony-loving little family.

We’ve also learned a lot this week. Not that I had any question before, but I know now without a shadow of a doubt that I am not a “primitive” camper. And I have no desire to become one! I love nature and I love getting dirty and I don’t mind sweating during the daytime. But when it comes time to go bed, I need to be clean! And preferably cool.

And so…I’m so excited to be rejoining civilization! It’s hard to determine which I’m looking forward to more…is it non-rationed water, with its divine, cleansing regular showers? Cleanliness is next to Godliness, after all!! Or maybe it is air conditioning, glorious air conditioning? It might be electricity and all the benefits of regular power, like clean laundry, healthy meals, and a vacuum (I’ve never been so excited to vacuum!). Whatever it is, I’m so stinkin’ looking forward to it!

Civilization, here we come!

No comments: